To own and hold appropriate collections of model railroading
1. To promote historical and educational interest in model railroading
2. To conduct research into model railroading from its inception to the present
3. To provide a source of information regarding model railroading and its operations.
4. To exchange informationm with other organizations having the same general purpose.
5. To create a model railroading experience for the public, demonstrating multiple scales and gauges of model trains and equipment through the use of operational layouts and static displays.